Everyone Deserves A Fresh Start

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Custody & Support
  4.  » Child & Spousal Support

Child Support And Spousal Support Representation

If you are a parent who is divorced from the other parent, you likely need the counsel of a skilled family law attorney. At the Dallas office of Katie L. Lewis, P.C. Family Law, you can get the legal representation you are looking for.

Attorney Katie L. Lewis and her team have handled cases involving alimony and child support for divorced couples, unmarried parents and domestic partners. We know that each case is different, which is why we take the time to identify the unique needs in your case to develop a custom-tailored plan to represent your needs.

Guidance Through Child Support Cases

Texas courtrooms use statutes to calculate child support payments. These support and custody cases are closely connected, even though parents can often negotiate the child support cases. For example, a couple can choose to offset their child support agreement by having equal custody times with their children. If you choose to act outside of the typical child support stipulations, you will need a judge to approve the new agreement. We can help you and your ex-spouse earn the outcome you are pursuing.

Navigating Spousal Support, Spousal Maintenance And Child Support

During the divorce process, one parent may have temporary spousal support, which can develop into a different arrangement when the divorce is finalized. These payments are often determined by factors like the length of the marriage, the age of each partner, their education, expenses, jobs and earning potential.

There are statutes that can help create a final agreement involving child support, where a couple can develop their own arrangement. We have helped families create these agreements that reflect their best interests.

Like child custody cases, there are circumstances to modify a child support agreement. Modifications often happen when the factors involving the agreement have experienced a major change in circumstances.

Get The Divorce Arrangement You Need

No matter what your goals are involving child support, spousal support and spousal maintenance under Texas law, let us help you achieve that goal. Call us at 214-461-5028 or email us here to schedule your initial consultation today.