Everyone Deserves A Fresh Start
M.K. Kassie Hines
Kassie has cultivated a level-headed approach to navigate complex family dynamics after seeing her own family divorce at a young age. Kassie uses her life experience to be a fierce, empathetic, and loyal advocate for her clients both in and out of a courtroom.
Kassie graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies and a minor in Spanish. She started working as a legal assistant and eventually a paralegal for nearly 15 years. In 2017, Kassie set on the path to achieve her life's purpose when she enrolled at UNT Dallas College of Law. Despite working full-time for a civil litigation firm while attending law school classes at night, Kassie consistently made the Dean's List, served in leadership positions, and was a member of the Board of Advocates and Phi Delta Phi's Legal Honor Society. Kassie also worked as an extern with Lambda Legal, focusing on impact litigation nationwide for the civil rights of the LGBTQ+ community. She graduated from law school with honors cum laude.
As an attorney, Kassie enjoys representing same-sex spouses and parents in their LGBTQ+ family law issues. She also focuses her legal practice on high-stakes marital property issues such as closely held businesses, complex asset division, or real estate. She is also fully capable of advising clients in need of asset protection with premarital and post-marital agreements. Kassie has assisted in briefing appellate issues to various courts of appeals and to the Supreme Court of Texas.
Kassie resides in Dallas, Texas, with her wife, stepdaughter, and rescue pup. She enjoys going to concerts, traveling, camping/hiking, and watching sports.
- University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2021
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
- Major: International Studies
- Major: Spanish
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, LGBTQ+ Section Council Member, 2023 to 2024
- Texas Bar College member
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, LGBTQ Section
- Dallas Area Young Lawyers Association, DAYL 2022 Leadership Class member
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2021