Everyone Deserves A Fresh Start
Erica A. Eslinger
Erica Eslinger understands the emotional turmoil that a family law case can bring first-hand. Ms. Eslinger's philosophy in her practice of family law is to fight so that her clients come out on the other side as unscathed as possible. To accomplish this, Ms. Eslinger utilizes thoughtful litigation strategies and dynamic courtroom skills.
Erica was born and raised in the Kansas City area. Erica attended the University of Kansas, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. Erica focused her studies on child and family psychology, which gives her a unique perspective in the family law arena. Erica then attended Baylor Law School, where she learned the art of trial law.
After law school, Erica briefly practiced immigration law at a small firm in Dallas, Texas before confirming that family law is her passion. In 2015, Erica relocated back to the Kansas City area where she practiced as a Child Support Attorney representing the State of Kansas for 3.5 years. By the end of her tenure in Kansas, Erica earned two additional law licenses for the States of Kansas and Missouri and became a Supervising Attorney for the Kansas Department of Child and Families.
In 2018, Erica returned to Dallas, Texas and now considers this home. Since her return, Ms. Eslinger has practiced 100% family law. Ms. Eslinger received her Board Certification in Family Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 2022, a designation bestowed upon less than 1% of Texas attorneys. Ms. Eslinger has additionally been recognized by SuperLawyers as a Rising Star for 2021, D Magazine as a Best Lawyer Under 40 for 2021 and 2022, and by Best Lawyers in America as "One to Watch" in 2020 and 2021.
Erica resides in Dallas, Texas, where she enjoys participating in CrossFit, exploring with friends, and watching a mix of Dallas and Kansas City sports teams.
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2014
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- Major: Psychology, Emphasis in Child and Family Psychology
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class 2019
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2022
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2014
- Supreme Court of Kansas, 2015
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2014
- Kansas, 2015
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2020
- Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Star 2021 & 2022
- D Magazine – Best Lawyers Under 40, 2020 & 2021
- Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch, 2020 & 2021