Everyone Deserves A Fresh Start
Desiree M. Veca
Desiree has spent her career helping families navigate the complex realities of family dynamics and specializes in bringing empathetic and zealous advocacy to her clients.
Prior to law school, Desiree worked for 6 years in the fields of domestic violence and sexual assault serving Denton and Dallas counties at Denton County Friends of the Family, The Family Place, and The Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center. One of the highlights of her professional career was a program created in conjunction with the Texas Office of the Attorney General’s Child Support Offices and the Texas Council of Family Violence that was dedicated to supporting families seeking child support orders in a manner that centered around safety.
Desiree followed her passion to help families to law school where she graduated in the top 10% of her class, earning top grades in multiple courses, and representing UNT Dallas College of Law at national oral advocacy competitions. During law school, Desiree served as a term law clerk for the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Dallas working under Justices Amanda Reichek, Bill Pedersen III, and Ken Molberg.
- UNT Dallas College of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2023
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Class Rank: Top 10%
- University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma
- BA International Studies - 2010
- Denton County Friends of the Family, Victim Advocate
- The Family Place, Internal Training Associate
- Family Builders, BIPP Facilitator
- Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center, Victim Advocate
- Family Law 100%
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2023