Grant Frankfurt, an associate at Katie L. Lewis, P.C. Family Law, was born and raised in Dallas, Texas, graduating from St. Mark's School of Texas in 2005. He attended the University of Oklahoma, obtaining a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology, with Distinction, while also minoring in Political Science and History. He completed his undergraduate studies with Distinction in three and a half years. While at the University of Oklahoma, Mr. Frankfurt served as an elected student congress representative, interned for a United States Congressman in Washington, D.C, and interned with financial crimes special agents at the United States Secret Service, where he closely worked on federal criminal investigations.
Mr. Frankfurt was admitted to Emory University Law School in Atlanta, ranked as a top-twenty law school by U.S. News & World Report, and finished his law degree at the University of Oklahoma College of Law where he was on the dean's list. During law school, Mr. Frankfurt also had the privilege of working with one of the most prominent criminal defense firms in Dallas, where he assisted attorneys on DWIs, criminal appeals, and federal criminal cases.
Since graduating from law school, Mr. Frankfurt has found his passion in family law and criminal defense. He has handled numerous hearings and trials in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Mr. Frankfurt is licensed to practice in Texas courts as well as federal courts in the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas. He enjoys following college sports, fishing, hunting and playing tennis. His wife, Dr. Heather Frankfurt, is a veterinarian in Dallas.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 80%
- Criminal and DWI Defense 20%
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2014
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: Dean's List
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: President's List
- Honors: Dean's List (Every Semester)
- Honors: Sociology Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 2012 to Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Family Law Section Collin County Bar Association, 2015 to Present
- Texas DWI Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present